This is one of my favorite things to cook in my cast iron skillet!! This is a delicious recipe that goes great with any kind of salad or healthy side, such as quinoa or roasted vegetables!
The important thing to remember about this recipe is to be sure to heat the oil in the pan to a sufficient temperature in order to get a good sear on the meat! Searing the meat properly will help lock in the flavor of the spices!
Please let me know if you have given this a try and how you liked it!! Also, if you have any clean eating recipes you would like to share here on the page, email me at email@example.com and I will share with my readers! Original recipes only please!
- 1 lb Flatiron Steak
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion
- 2 Lg Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 Lg Red Pepper
- 1 C. Heavy Cream (Fat Free)
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Pat Steak Dry with Paper Towels
- Pre-Heat 12″ skillet over high heat - Season Steak
- Heat Oil
- Add Steak and sear until brown then turn – making sure to get a nice crust before turning
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes then add peppers – Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add Heavy Cream and cook until thickened, about 4-5 minutes
- Remove from heat & slice meat against the grain
- Serve immediately with side of your choice!
If you need coaching for your health and fitness journey, please email me and I will be happy to see how I can help you!