Delicious Eggs Benedict recipe!!
Vegetarian Eggs Benedict
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 Avocado
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 whole grain English muffins, split, toasted
- ¼ cup Healthy Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes
- Set aside
- Place water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice
- Reduce heat to a very gentle boil.
- Break two eggs into a small bowl. Hold bowl close to the water’s surface and slip the eggs, one by one, into the water
- Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken, about 5 minutes
- Gently lift eggs out of water with a slotted spoon
- Repeat, cooking two eggs at a time while keeping previously cooked eggs warm
- Place English muffins on a serving plate
- Top each muffin half with mushroom mixture, an egg, avocado and Hollandaise Sauce
- Garnish with parsley if desired
Portion Plan Containers 1 Green 1/2 Blue 1 Red 2 Yellows 1 Orange