If you are a user of the King James version of the Bible, then I have a treat for you! I am going to review three different King James Bibles for you in this post, including a great KJV study Bible that you will love (and can enter to win up until June 4th)!
So read on and learn more about these Holman King James Bibles!
The King James Bible – Do You Love This Version?
I am a total bibliophile, and this extends to the Bible as well. I love collecting different versions of the Bible, even if I am not the biggest fan of the translation. I do this because it is a good, well-rounded way to study.
I admit that, while my very first Bible as a believer is a New King James Bible (and I still have it 26 years later), I have never owned a King James version of the Bible. So when I got the opportunity from Lifeway to review these three KJV Bibles, I jumped at the chance!
So we are going to look at the three different Holman KJV Bibles; The Study Bible, the Trade Bible and the KJV Bible for Kids!
About the King James Version
According to Lifeway:
The King James Version has been the trusted translation for millions of believers for over 400 years.
Since 1611, Christians have turned to the King James Version of the Bible for a faithful and beautiful rendering of God’s Word. Its rich tradition has guided generations of pastors, authors, and scholars, while its reverent language continues to shape our words today.
The KJV was translated in the beginning of the 1600s. The scholars translating it were among the top scholars of their day, and most were deeply familiar with literature and poetry as well as with theology and ancient languages. They were also intent on creating a translation that would last for generations, so they avoided recent changes to the language, often using words and phrases that sounded formal even then to ensure the dignity and longevity of the translation.
KJV Study Bible
The Holman KJV Study Bible includes an award-winning variety of study resources that includes 16,000 study notes—each on the same page as the verses it refers to.
- Introductions and outlines for each book, including background information, theological themes, and insights into the unique contribution of each book
- High-quality smyth-sewn binding that allows the pages to lay open for easy reading and studying
- Easy-to-read layout with two columns of text, 9-point type size, words of Christ in red, page edge cross-references, and three columns of study notes
- Full-color visuals to help you see the structure and context of Scripture come alive, including 123 photographs, 58 maps, 19 illustrations/reconstructions, 19 charts, and 60 timelines
- – 20 full-length articles on practical and theological issues, including the origin and transmission of the Bible ·Concordance and “King’s English” glossary of terms and 17th-century expressions
- One-year and three-year Bible reading plans The KJV Study Bible features the authorized version of the King James translation (KJV)
KJV Ultrathin Reference Bible
The KJV Ultrathin Reference Bible is great for taking on the go, to church or Bible study.
It is easy-to-carry and easy-to-read and has an ultrathin design which slips easily into a purse, backpack, or suitcase if you’re traveling.
As America’s oldest Bible Publisher, Holman is a pioneer in the development of Ultrathin Bibles, giving careful attention to breakthroughs in typography and paper manufacturing to produce a Bible that combines readability, portability, and durability. (B&H Publishing)
- Presentation page
- Center-column cross references
- Smyth-sewn binding
- Two-column text
- Topical page headings
- Words of Christ in red
- 8.5-point type
- Full-color maps
- And more…
One Big Story KJV Bible for Kids
This is probably one of the most adorable children’s Bibles I have seen!
The pictures are so bright and engaging!
Bring the Bible to life for kids with the One Big Story Bible!
- 146 full-color illustrations placed throughout the Bible
- Christ Connection feature that shows how each Bible story points to Christ
- Big Questions feature to tell kids what they want to know
- 100 Top Memory Verses for kids to learn
- “Seeing the Big Picture” feature that digs into key Bible stories and provides parents with discussion material
- Big Words feature that acts as a four-color Bible dictionary
- Introductions for every book of the Bible, written for kids to understand
- Complete text of the KJV translation
- Full-color maps on 8 pages
Win a KJV Study Bible
Would you like to win a KJV Study Bible for yourself?
Leave me a comment below and tell me why you’d like to win this KJV Study Bible!
You can get additional entries by following me on Facebook at Worth Beyond Rubies! I will be sharing some trivia questions on my FB page beginning June 1st so just comment there with your answer and I will add an additional entry for you for each question you answer!
I will then draw someone at random on June 4th!
Get your FREE SOAP Bible Study Workbook to go along with your favorite Bible!